Video work with the ZA6

Hello All,

This is my first time posting on the forum, so I thought I’d introduce myself. My name is Ari and I come from a commercial video/cinema robotics background. I’ve used many different robots from various manufacturers such as Kuka and Staubli, and am in the process of testing the ZA6 for this application.

I thought I would share my findings in regards to mounting a camera very easily to the robot. To my excitement, I found an off the shelf camera mounting plate that lines up with the flange of the ZA6:

NICEYRIG Camera Cheese Mounting Plate

I’ve also included a photo of the alignment on the plate and the flange mount.

All you would need to add is some bolts and washers, and you’re good to go!

If anyone has any questions in regards to cinema robotics, please feel free to reach out to me. I’ll be sure to include my future findings on this forum as well.

-Ari

2 Likes

Ari,

Welcome to the Tormach user forums! I’m glad to see you here and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the ZA6.

If you want to add your camera rig to the collision scene (to prevent moves where the camera could collide with the arm) you might have a look at this example: https://github.com/tormach/example_robot_programs/tree/main/ROS_collision_models

Please feel free to ask any questions here and I’ll be happy to help out.