Vacuum system questions

Hello All,

Can someone share how they are using their vacuum table on the 24R? I am curious on how you install the Gasket. I received a very hard gasket and a very soft one. My guess is the hard one goes on the outside of the 3 sections in the table and the soft is to make specific part channels?

How do you install the hard one, in my opinion stretching it makes the gasket to thin to hold a part.

Also how do you cover unused suction sections?

Can any one share pictures of their setup and also the dust vacuum system to see how you manage the hose. I received two large hoses with the dust collector one black and one clear. Which one goes where?

Hello Francisco,

In general, use the same gasket on the entire pod, and softer if you need more forgiveness due to material surface roughness or substrate surface imperfections.

Use a harder rubber when you need less surface forgiveness (due to surface imperfections) and better wear properties.

Thank you.

Do you have examples pr ideas to use MDF as spoil boards on top? How do you recommend that we cut the spoil board to make the vacuum work thru the MDF and if we are not using the whole table any idea on how to best close a section of the tables vacuum?

Spoil board applications are the best way produce nested products. A few things to consider are:

1. The MDF type. Some MDF materials are specifically manufactured for spoil board applications.

2. Always fly cut both sides of an MDF spoil board to open the pores up for vacuum. The shiny skin on MDF is a result of the material press, and this can be flow prohibitive.

3. When planning for gaskets, always plan for the maximum surface area of the part. Drilling only holes in a flat board will only hold the part using just the area of those holes. A better method is actually to use direct porting to the vacuum source for each part and use a cover gasket or dedicated fixture with gasket inserted into the board.

Or

1. Block off any part of the table that is unused with acrylic sheets or any flat non-porous materials.

2. Only cut through the part itself ( In Z) and not the rubber. Any excessive removal of the gasket in the cut path will compromise holding the parts. Cutting halfway through the gasket will assure the part is complete, but no vacuum lost due to cut path.