Lefthand chamfer/radius feature

I’ve ran into the need for this a couple of times in the short amount of time I’ve had my 8L lathe. It would be really nice to have a left hand chamfer/radius feature in the conversational canned cycles. Several times I’ve needed to chamfer or radius the inside (spindle side) of a feature, but I can’t seem to come up with a way to do this other than possibly using the profile cycle. This machine is my first foray into lathe programming so it’s highly likely that there’s an easy way to do this that I just don’t know about and if that’s the case, please, someone point me to it. Otherwise, I must say, the pathpilot controller is absolutely the easiest, most intuitive controller I’ve ever used. I cut my teeth on a Bridgeport EZ track, and I must say, pathpilot is even easier to learn and more intuitive than that was.

Could you perhaps share a picture of what you are trying to accomplish? I don’t think I am fully understanding what you mean by LH chamfer.

We can do ID and OD chamfers and radius cuts in conversational. However, if you needed one of these feature deeper in a bore, I would imagine the profile tab would be the best way to accomplish this.

Hopefully this will clear this up a bit. Sorry for taking so long to respond…been crazy busy in our shop…a very good problem to have. :grin: I haven’t found a way to do a chamfer on the left hand side of a shoulder with the conversational chamfer programming. I’m certain it can be programmed in gcode or possibly using profile, but it would be an excellent feature in the conversational chamfer programming.