Some of you (like me) might have this ETS with an air attachment for automatically clearing the measuring surface:
I wrote a subroutine to trigger a short air blast while measuring the tool, and figured I should share it here. There are detailed instructions in the comments within the file itself, but here’s a quick step-by-step usage guide:
- Place the file
measure_tool.ncin your subroutines folder.
- If needed, edit the
#<ab_relay>parameter on line 28 to the correct output relay on your IO board. By default, it’s set to output zero.
- Either from MDI or from a program, call the subroutine by entering:
- You can also provide the length of time the air blast should last when calling the subroutine - just enter the number of seconds in square brackets following the call statement:
o<measure_tool> CALL (this would be a 3 second air blast)
- Optionally, you can change the default length of the air blast by editing the
#<ab_min_sec>parameter on line 24. Whatever value is entered here is the minimum length of time the air blast can be triggered.
Note that on my machine, anything shorter than 2 seconds sometimes caused an error.
- USB I/O Interface (Tormach PN: 32616)
- 24V Pneumatic Solenoid (I used this one from Amazon)
measure_tool.nc (1.2 KB)