Another touchscreen modification/portrait mode

I used a Planar PCT2265 22" Touch Screen. There seem to be plenty of these or similar refurbished on eBay. You might even find something cheaper locally.

Plug and play installation aside from having to force the touchscreen to reorient for portrait mode with a program that must be run. Not sure if newer versions of the Mint distribution have fixed this issue or not / what is being shipped on newly manufactured PP controllers. Once I validated the parameters in the terminal command line, I added it to automatically run at startup.

What are you forcing to run at startup? That is great to know what TS works with PP. From what I understand it’s hit or miss on which touch screens work and which don’t.
Did you use Admin Display to configure for portrait mode originally?

I want to say that this distribution detected the different ID of the new monitor and brought up the configuration when I booted up…it has been a while since I set it up, but the Linux distribution’s display configuration utility is what configures the new display and rotates orientation

Confirmed: PP ADMIN DISPLAY calls up the same configuration dialogue for me.

I’ll cut and paste the touchscreen orientation fix that was needed the next time I’m at the console.

1 Like

The command I am running (for this particular touchscreen):

xinput set-prop ‘pointer:USBest Technology SiS HID Touch Controller’ ‘Coordinate Transformation Matrix’ 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1