15L Tailstock Alternatives

I’ve asked in Facebook groups and looked around eBay and elsewhere and have not found anyone selling the OG tailstock for the 15L. I’m not sure if that’s because it was so bad that nobody has one, or if that means that those that have one aren’t looking to get rid of it since it’s no longer available.

However, I have found that lack of a tailstock limits my ability to make some parts that this machine was purchased to make (before my time here).

With that said, has anyone found any clever ways to machine long, slender parts without having to do it in multiple setups? I’ve tried everything I can think of and no matter what I do, I end up with a sub-par part that isn’t truly adequate for the purpose of the part. I made some passable parts under duress, but I’d really like to have a better solution. Figured the Tormach official forums might be the best place to ask.

Thanks!

Look for a Harding tailstock on eBay. They have are on a dovetail way and would be the easiest to modify for the Tormach. I took the tailstock out of mine because of the amount of work envelope it took up. Not because of its design. It is in its original box buried somewhere in my shop. It’s not for sale but I can get measurements off of it for you.